Here in this post I am going explain how to add Google Analytics to your Blogger blog. If you are already a blogger for a while or web developer you probably know adding Google Analytics. Adding Google Analytics(GA) to Blogger is also same. But, if you are new to websites or don’t know how to add GA then you are in the right place.
This is a step by step guide on adding a Google Analytics to Blogger. So I strongly recommend you to follow them in order. Because if you miss any one of the step then there is good chance you will mess up with your website.
So let’s get started.
Adding Google Analytics to Blogger
The very first things you need to add GA to Blogger is – Your Google account and a blog already created on Blogger.
- Step 1: Login to your Google account (Gmail account)
- Step 2: Open https://analytics.google.com/analytics/web/#/
- Step 3: Now click on Admin section at the left-bottom-corner.
- Step 4: Now click on create account as shown in image (mark 1)
- Step 5: Go through the steps and agreement and save the account and website property.
- Step 6: Under property section click in Tracking Info –>Tracking Code (mark 3).
- Step 7: Copy the code Global Site Tag (gtag.js)
- Step 8: Head over to Blogger and select the website you want to add the cod to.
- Step 9: Then Go to Theme section.
- Step 10: From the options menu on the theme page click on edit HTML.
- Step 11: Click Ctrl+F and search for </head> and paste the copied code before the tag.
- Step 12: Now click Save icon.
That’s it you successfully added the Google Analytics code to your Blogger.
You can also add GA code by simply copying the Analytics ID (UA-XXXXX-1) and inserting in the settings–> Other –> Google Analytics section as shown in image.
This is even simpler way to add the Google Analytics code. But if you add code this way you may not have option to customize the code according to your requirement.